Bad Weather options on a Wedding Day in Chicago
If you’re planning a wedding in Chicago there’s a chance you could face weather that just sucks overall on your big day, don’t worry! There are some places you can go to, to get away from that. There are of course some pros and cons to them, but you can make the call with the info layer out before you.
- A place that photographers know about, so you may not be the only one there. Security will be on your photographer if your using light stands (They don’t like it).
Chicago Cultural Center
78 E Washington St, Chicago, IL 60602
- Lincoln Park Conservatory has all the colors and comfort you’d like out of an indoor garden. It’s free to the public, but requires a permit you’ll need for photography. Enough spots for pictures incase people get in your way.
Lincoln Park Conservatory
2391 N Stockton Dr, Chicago, IL 60614
- Union Station is an awesome spot to get covered from the weather conditions. Keep in mind though that everyone will go there too. At least for the outdoors. There’s a spot between the entrance and the pillars where you would get coverage from unfavorable weather.
Can you go indoors? Yes, but it will literally cost you. They charge a fee for the indoor photography.
Chicago Union Station
225 S Canal St, Chicago, IL 60606
- Civic Opera House is also a nice area. Outdoors with coverage down a walkway in front of the building. There is no option for indoor photography, unless you’re booking your wedding reception there. Totally great if you’re in a pinch though.
20 N Upper Wacker Dr STE 400, Chicago, IL 60606
- South Pond Pavilion is another outdoor location that gives you the shelter needed from the dreadful environment. There not really an address for this spot, but it is next to the Lincoln Park Zoo. Popular though, photographers know about this place, so you may have to wait in line.
- Garfield Park Conservatory is awesome if you suspect that the weather will not favor you ahead of time. You need a permit for this one. Planning a week ahead at least, might be a good idea.
Garfield Park Conservatory
300 N Central Park Ave, Chicago, IL 60624